Wednesday, April 7, 2010

HOMEMADE BIRTHDAY GIFT



Joining Shanty 2 Chic's I Made it Without My Hubby!!!

Isabella loves horses and has plenty of them hanging around. I wanted her to have a special place to display them (and keep them out of Kaira's reach).

I found this shelf for $25 and knew it could be beautiful.
I sanded the shelf (just a little) and added wooden embellishments from Hobby Lobby and Michael's.

I spray painted it Heirloom White and sanded it again to distress it and used Minwax Red Mahogany and Ralph Lauren Smoke Glaze for added distressing and depth.

I have horse sillhoute frames that I made to match the shelf, but I'll include those in a separate post.

Once I give it to her I'll get another picture with all her horses on it.

4 comments:

Mari said...

Good for you! It really looks nice!

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Those little wood embellishments are so cool! I was excited when I found the section of those at the craft store. (Not that I've bought any of them yet, but they're so cool!) Great job on your shelf!

Sawdust Girl said...

Visiting from Shanty2Chic. Those wooden appliques made such a difference in transforming it from a drab shelf into a beautiful display. Great job!

stacey said...

That looks great, I was just looking at wooden embellishments yesterday-thinking 'what could I do with these???' I love how you added them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin