Tuesday, April 27, 2010

FIRST BIRTHDAY - DECORATIONS AND FAVORS

I found this bulletin board at Goodwill for $4.64 a week before the party, with no intention of using it for the party, well, that is until I had this brainstorm. I used fancy fibers and yarn to cover the board and printed Happy Birthday on cardstock. I cut out the letters using a circle cutter and matted them. I attached them to the fancy fibers with binder clips. I printed baby pictures of Judah and did the same. I had an extra smaller palm tree that I cut up and stapled behind the pictures for added color and texture. I love the way it turned out!

This was on the front door, I used one of the napkins and attached it with brads to a piece of cork I had and placed it in the center of the wreath.
These are the beach balls we gave away as favors, they were in the shape of jungle animals and there were glasses to match. The kids had a ball with these.
This guy is from Judah's shower, isn't he cute sitting on the palm tree?

This was the table in the foyer. It has a palm tree with another lion, the glasses, a photo frame with Judah's birth announcement in it and a digital frame with a slideshow of his birth picture.

These are Annais' monkeys that he let us borrow for the occassion.


5 comments:

Mari said...

I think the King of the Jungle theme is adorable!

Birthday Party Themes said...

I like the theme the king of the jungle . I'm sure kids would probably love and like it !!

Missie said...

what a cute idea! love the theme!

Joy Junktion said...

I just scanned through all of your 1st birthday posts~~~What fun and how creative you are. I cannot believe it has been a year! Wow ~~~ does time go by quickly.
Praying all is well.
Cindy

AtlantaMama said...

it was so well thought out & fun

Blog Widget by LinkWithin