Tuesday, April 27, 2010

FIRST BIRTHDAY - FOOD

Grandmother's Punch - A wonderful punch that I have made for all my kid's first birthday parties. Click on the picture for the recipe.

Roasted Olives, YUMMO! I got this recipe off the Lindsey Olive site and have made it twice. It is always a hit. Three kinds of olives, garlic and cherry tomatoes served on the new Toppers crackers. Click on picture for recipe.
Loaded baked potato dip, just like it sounds. Served on potato chips! People always ask if there are potatoes in it and the answer is NO! Here is the recipe:

LOADED BAKED POTATO DIP

8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream with chives (or plain, add chives)
Shredded cheddar cheese
Small bag of real bacon bits
Chives

Mix softened cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese (about ½ to cup – personal preference), about ¼ cup bacon bits and add chives if not included in sour cream, bacon bits. Stir well and put in a 18 oz. baking dish and top with cheddar to cover, remaining bacon bits and chives. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts completely. Serve with ridged plain potato chips. Tastes just like a loaded baked potato.

The dish in the middle of the three layer stand is Artichoke Salsa, a Pampered Chef favorite that I have made at all their first birthday parties too! Serve with tortilla chips. Click the three tiered picture for recipe.

A picture of Isabella and Kaira in front of the punch and cupcakes. I got the punch bowl as a special treat for me for Judah's birthday. I LOVE it! It's the Arthur Court 14" acrylic bunny bowl. I got it here for a great price.

I've had these at all the kids first birthday parties too. Little Hershey's nuggets covered with their names printed on address labels (Avery 5160).

The HIT of the party - 7 layer dip, but not what you are thinking... it's a delicious blend of peanut butter, nutella, marshmellow fluff, shredded coconut, peanuts, chocolate chips and gummy bears. Can you say d-e-n-t-i-s-t? Served on FLIPZ, Judah's absolute FAVORITE crackers. Click either picture for recipe. Way to go Evite!

Had to get some fruit in there, served with a cool lime dip in the middle, click picture for recipe.

And of course, J-E-L-L-O, it was as big a hit as anything and I served it with those tiny samples spoons that me LOVES!!!

The cupcakes were made by the World's GREATEST babysitter, Sarah Lynn. She made 48 cupacakes for the party. Some were covered in sprinkles and others were covered in crushed Reese's Pieces, can you say DELICIOUS!!!




Just a good shot of more of the table. See all the candy we had? $14 of jellybeans...I about fainted when the lady gave me the total...well, it was for a good cause.


2 comments:

Mari said...

You're making me hungry and I had supper not too long ago!
Everything looks wonderful, except those olives. I'm wondering about you now. Olives? ;)

AtlantaMama said...

the food waqs amazing & i tot5ally wanna use these ideas!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin