Wednesday, July 22, 2009

R & R

Our spontaneous trip to the Chattanooga Choo-Choo

Judah fell asleep on Isabella's lap on the Trolley ride at the hotel.

Someone offered to take a picture of all us...nice.

They're so cute!

They got the moves. Notice Kaira's feet are not even on the floor...so symbolic.

Remember the video Safety Dance...that is what Annais reminds me of.

Overlooking Chattanooga from the Incline Railway, while eating rock candy. I marvel at God's creation every time I see mountains...the word Majestic comes to mind.

Silliness at the pool.

Sometimes the noise of our lives can drown out the voice of our Father. I needed to hear Him and took a little trip to do so. I packed up the kids spur of the moment and checked in to the Chattanooga Choo-Choo in Tennessee. As you can see from the pictures we had a blast! For some reason I forgot to take pictures of us at the English Rose, which is a tea room where we had lunch. We got many stares and even more compliments on the children's behavior.

People were amazed that I was there alone with four children and I really do not understand. These are my kids and this is my calling...I have been equipped to do this whether at home or elsewhere. I actually thought I was going to get a standing ovation at the pool, it was hysterical. Isabella was a huge help! In a lot of ways it was easier there with the kids because we were all in one room and did not have a lot of stuff with us to clean up all the time. The kids spent most of the time in the pool, so they were busy having fun and making friends.

I did hear my Daddy while there and felt His presence. He refueled my Spirit. It was nice to be away from the phone (my cell phone didn't work there), computer, business, chores and homeschooling. It was a much needed breather!

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10

What a great reminder!

3 comments:

Mari said...

What a fun trip! I think that as well as being blessed, you blessed others. It's so refreshing to see a family with well behaved kids in a place like that. I'm sorry to say that it isn't the norm.

stacey said...

It looks like you & your children~who are not only well behaved but ADORABLE~ had a nice trip! I love going on spur of the moment adventures with Josh! & I am glad to hear that you felt that special presence:)

Joy Junktion said...

So glad you were able to get away Mari. Your little family is precious.

I am praying for you:)

I know God has a plan in all things!

Blessings, Cindy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin