Thursday, July 16, 2009

FAMILY DEVOTIONS

On the Fourth of July Isabella handed me a piece of paper with this verse on it…

I will surely bless you … because you have obeyed me. Genesis 22:17-18

This was in her Adventure Bible in a small box at the top of the page that they call “Words to Treasure”

She said she was going to memorize it. A short time later she had handwritten a verse for everyone and said this was their memory verse and we would have family devotions later that night (led by her) and we would each recite our verse followed by some worship time. Sure enough she called us together in the den, we all recited our verses (mine was “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth”). She said she gave me an easy one – thanks Isabella!

After everyone said their verse she played songs from her Crocodile Dock VBS CD and we did the motions. I would highly recommend this CD for children, it has wonderful songs on it. Check out some of the videos with hand motions on Youtube (just type in Crocodile Dock). It was truly a blessing! She has been hiding God’s Word in her heart since she was little, I cannot wait to see what God has in store for her.


2 comments:

Mari said...

This is so neat! I think it's great that she has taken ownership of this.

stacey said...

What a special little girl you have:) I pray that Josh will grow up to love the Lord in this way too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin