Thursday, April 3, 2008

SPRING CLEANING

The Lord has been cleaning my spiritual house for months now. I clearly heard Him say, when I was re-baptized (click here to see picture and post) that He had taken care of the ugly stuff and now He was going after the really ugly. He wants me free and I want me free, not just a little, but a lot – the take the shackles off my feet, so I can dance kind of FREE! During this time He has been showing me some of the residue that has been in my spiritual house clogging stuff up. He often shows me through revelation, confirmation or explanation.

Today He furthered the explanation of distortion from yesterday’s post and previous Myth 1 & 2 posts. This was my devotional today:

"As you hear, do not be confused. Confusion is not of the Lord and all confusion leads to distortion; distortion means twisted and biblically anything twisted is also "wicked". So refuse confusion. We are not confused even if sometimes it may seem so.

We are coming out of things that are not right! Listen to the Lord. Do whatever He tells you to do--you can! Today is the day of salvation wherein He has heard you, and you are hearing Him. Today is the day He has made and rejoicing is your portion: The sons of God are led by the Spirit of the living God! Hallelujah!"

From Shirley Weaver Ministries, A Clear Trumpet, Inc., Post Office Box 295 . Mt. Pleasant, SC 29465.Copyright (C)2000-2006 All rights reserved.

He is spring cleaning in me and I welcome it, although sometimes it is painful whenI see the size of the dust bunnies under my sofa or when the cobwebs are wrestled free from my heart. Here is what I found about spring cleaning on Wikipedia - The most common usage of spring cleaning refers to the yearly act of cleaning a house from top to bottom which would take place in the first warm days of the year typically in spring, hence the name. However it has also come to be synonymous with any kind of heavy duty cleaning or organizing enterprise. A person who gets their affairs in order before an audit or inspection could be said to be doing some spring cleaning.

I see what the Lord is doing as a heavy duty cleaning and He’s getting my affairs in order preparing me in advance for what He’s called me to do.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin