Wednesday, April 2, 2008

LIES

I came across a line the other day that ministered deeply to my spirit. It gave me a great insight on my previous posts Myth #1 and Myth #2.

While writing those I was amazed at the distortion that invaded my thoughts during those difficult years of my life. It was hard to believe some of the things that I was writing, but I know them all to be true. Some of them were not conscious thoughts until they were down on paper in prepration for those posts. That is how sneaky the devil is!

Anyway, this quote from The Shack floored me and blessed me at the same time:

"Lies are one of the easiest places for survivors to run. It gives you a sense of safety, a place where you only have to depend on yourself." Page 187, The Shack. I was a survior and it does not matter of what because Jesus says now I am an overcomer.

2 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Wow, very powerful

Anonymous said...

Hey Mari,i read the shack and i know what you mean by "devoured it" cause i read most of it in one night, i couldn't stop! The author of the Shack did not even intend for it to become a best seller, he wrote it for his children! Amazing, God had other plans there didn't he? LOL! Georgia read it too. She's passing it along to her dad.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin