Wednesday, April 22, 2009

WHAT I HAVE BEEN UP TO

First, I have been loving having an infant around (that was not always true - that is a post in itself). There are so many things I forget from baby to baby that I just love...the noises, the smells, the way they melt into you when you hold them and the promise. They are so new to the world full of promise, you have no idea yet what they will be like, what they will talk like or what they will look like. Tea & Traditions was closed for three weeks, so I did not have to worry about working when we first came home from the hospital, which was SO nice. We are still on break from school since we were so ahead for the year. Thank you Lord for the insight on that great planning.

My four week check up was yesterday and the doctor said that everything looked better than average, meaning my uterus is in great shape and that I can have more babies (not that it is up to him). He said there is also very little scar tissue. (I have much more to say on that in another post).

My other recent favorite pastime is saving money. The blogosphere makes it so easy. I googled "money saving blogs" and put them in my google reader and check them daily. Here is a picture of my purchases today for which I paid a total of $4.01. I always wanted to be that woman that you see on t.v. that gets $100 worth of groceries for $15 - thank you bloggy world for making that dream (almost) a reality. Isabella is really into this too and asks whenever I come home, what did you get for free mommy?

Some of the freebies I have gotten over the last two weeks are toothpaste, deodorant, shaving cream, dental floss, the candles pictured here, Walgreens shopping bags pictured here and mac n' cheese. It is very exciting and rewarding to save money.

Here are some of my favorite sites:

Faithful Provisions, Deal Seeking Mom, Good, True and Beautiful and The Freebie Blogger

These ladies do all the work, all I have to do is buy the newspaper and check their blogs, which is nice because I do not have time for much else. I feel the Lord prompting me and giving me the grace and desire to do this now - how else would I be able to do this with a newborn?

6 comments:

Mari said...

I was wondering how you were doing, He sure is a cutie! Good job on your deals. I'll have to check out those sites.

TAMI said...

Making babies and incentives to save money often go hand in hand!

Sharon said...

Hi Mari!

First and foremost, Praise God for your new addition! The baby is beautiful, you must be delighted. Such a miracle, isn't it?

Thank you so much for including a link to Good, True and Beautiful! Quite honestly, you made my day - I'm glad that my blog is helping your family!

Blessings,

Sharon

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Way to go on the money-saving! I'll be checking out those blogs myself!

And I know that news about the healthy, happy uterus is a big ol' PRAISE, too! ♥

I was just thinking about you today, trying to figure out when I can get out there. Seems like we've either been out of town, or someone in the family has been sick, both of which are very unlike us! I am glad to hear you are doing well, and I can't wait to catch up. :-)

Unknown said...

Judah is absolutely precious!

So glad things are going well and you are doing great too!

Praise God for the freebies - great tips! I will be checking them out too.

Hugs and love,
Jill

steve and randel hambrick said...

OH MY WORD!! i LOVE sites like those you listed. SOOOOO excited to start following them now. thanks!!! i'm quite the deal seeker myself :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin