Sunday, April 5, 2009

THIS BEARS REPEATING

Photos taken by Ann Purcell

The reminder of the promise of "Judah" has blessed me time and time again since his birth. It is His constant reminder, "Mari, I LOVE YOU!" Though the storms may rage around me, the Lord has given me His Word and I now get to hold it in my arms.

The story of Judah's name (originally posted December 3, 2008)...

It was August 2007 when the Lord began nudging me in the area of praise. I was reading Worship Warrior by Chuck Pierce and in the book he talks about Judah (son of Jacob & Leah) his name means “praise Yaweh”. At the time we were at the tail end of a season of great struggle, but I sensed victory on the horizon. The Lord was teaching me that praise must proceed victory. I also sensed He was giving me the name for my next child.

From Worship Warrior, page 14
Judah must go first. Praise must take it preeminence within our lives, churches, cities, states and nation. When Judah goes first, the scepter of authority is then in place for ultimate victory. This is a time that the Lion of Judah will roar louder than the lion that has sought to devour us!

Over the last year I have learned to praise Him during the storm. “Worship causes us to move thankfully with our body toward our creator” – Worship Warrior, page 150

In July 2008 as I lay in bed the Lord began to speak to me about Judah. It was a conversation initiated by Him and I just listened and received. At the time I wish I had had the forethought to write down His words to me. That was also during the time that I was experiencing revival and the Lord was just showering me with His love and presence.

A few days later I realized I was “late” and decided to take a pregnancy test. I was out of town, so I loaded up my three kids and went to Walgreens. I went into the bathroom and took the test which turned positive before I even stepped away.

Again, it was a time of revival for me, but also a time of great difficulty in our home. I read more about Judah and the more I read the more I sobbed and the more I understood. The revelation and timing were breathtaking. The story of Jacob and Leah revealed more of the Lord’s love for me and the perfection of His timing. This baby became another real and tangible way God was expressing His love for me and the revelation of his name a greater, deeper and sweeter expression of that.

From Worship Warrior, page 154
Leah, as we all know, was unloved. It was Rachel whom Jacob had wanted and had worked for. But Jacob was tricked into taking Leah instead. Not a good start for a relationship; but she tried hard as she could to gain Jacob’s affection. In those days, a high value was put on a woman who could produce children. God caused Leah to be fruitful, and she bore Jacob three sons, each time hoping to procure her husband’s love because of them, but to no avail. Finally she turned her heart toward the Lord. “She conceived again and bore a son and said, “This time I will praise the LORD.; Therefore she named him Judah” Gen. 29:35 NASB

From Worship Warrior, Page 155
Unshakable praise plows through the hardest ground. God says in Hosea 10:11, “Judah will plow.” When the ground is hard, when the circumstances are adverse, God’s favor is on the one who will lead off with praise.

Now will I praise the LORD: therefore she called his name Judah; Gen 29:35

For original post with links, click here

6 comments:

Mari said...

Mari - those are beautiful pictures and I enjoyed being reminded again of the way he was named.

Angela Nazworth said...

Such amazing pictures...he is so precious...and I loved rereading this awesome post about Judah's name.

Kelly said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Thank you for sharing this with all of us...Judah is SO beautiful!

How have you been feeling? How is everyone adjusting to this new journey? I've been thinking about you and praying for you!

I was wondering if you could recommend a good book..for pregnancy. I am looking for a book of prayers that will help me cover myself and this special baby 2 be each and every day! Any suggestions at all?? Thanks in advance...

God bless,
Kelly

Unknown said...

Mari - he is absolutely PRECIOUS, BEAUTIFUL, HANDSOME and PERFECTLY MADE!

Oh give him many hugs for me. I love the story of his name.

Love and blessings,
Jill

Joy Junktion said...

Mari, Congratulations on your little Judah and the precious joy God has blessed you with.

He is adorable as are your other children.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have such a beautiful family. Congratulations on your new little boy, friend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin