Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MY NEW MINISTRY PARTNER


Last Sunday I realized that God has partnered Kaira and I together, not just as mother and daughter, but as ministry partners. I love hospitality and Kaira is VERY hospitable. When we arrived at church on Father's day she began talking to the man in front of us. At our church you never know if someone is local or visiting from halfway around the world. I asked him where he and his wife were from, they were from Louisiana. Kaira pretended to be shy and I told the man that soon she would be asking him to hold her. Sure enough halfway through the service she asked him to hold her and got up in his lap. If you have ever held Kaira you know what a treat it is, she melts into you and snuggles up as if you were her favorite person. I did not know that man or anything about him, but I believe the Lord used Kaira to minister to him and his wife. I sensed we should ask them to lunch, so I mentioned it to Todd and he said fine (he never knows who's coming to dinner). Turns out he is a pastor and we had a wonderful time at lunch talking.

Hospitality has fallen by the wayside as I have not wanted to entertain others in our home full of strife, but the Lord gave me an opportunity Sunday to do so without having them come to my home. It was nothing for me to call Todd in the past and say I met this man in the parking lot at Walmart and I feel the Lord saying we should have him over to dinner. I have invited a whole band over to trim our tree and have dinner because they didn't have a "stationary" home of their own. I used to have impromptu luncheons after church where I would invite so many people, I didn't know how many were coming. I miss that!

We are to NOT forsake fellowshipping with one another and somehow, someway I lost sight of that. Last Sunday was so much fun especially with Kaira's help, I am going to begin praying for more opportunities again.

Isabella is also very hospitable, she is the party planner. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us!

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:2

5 comments:

Mari said...

Very cool! Hospitality is not a gift a shine at but I'm working on it! This is a good reminder of its importance!

AtlantaMama said...

SWEET! You are seeing that come out in her and that's awesome.

Amy Guerino said...

I love how kids can break the ice with anyone...even us sometimes.

Fun things are definitely ahead.

stacey said...

Kaira sounds so sweet:)
That is a GREAT verse from Hebrews!!!!!

Ronel said...

Such a sweet story and great reminder to follow your heart when the Lord is leading you to serve or fellowship.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin