Wednesday, August 20, 2008

HAPPY, BLESSED AND FORTUNATE

The Lord has been ministering to me out of Psalm 127 for about two weeks now:

1Except the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; except the Lord keeps the city, the watchman wakes but in vain. 2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to take rest late, to eat the bread of [anxious] toil--for He gives [blessings] to His beloved in sleep.

My friend shared this verse with me when I told her about this.

3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

The Lord has reminded me of this over and over again.

4 As arrows are in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth.

My friend shared this verse with me when I told her I was pregnant.

An arrow is a sharp stick that a bow can shoot. A soldier with many arrows is happy; so is a man with many children. They will give him help to fight his enemies.

5 HAPPY, BLESSED AND FORTUNATE is the man whose quiver is filled with them! They will not be put to shame when they speak with their adversaries [in gatherings] at the [city's] gate.

Two friends, separately, have given me this verse when I told them I was pregnant.

Obviously, the Lord has much to say to me right now in Psalm 127, so I think I will REST here a while.

2 comments:

Joy Junktion said...

Children are a blessing from the Lord. And, sometimes they come at the most 'odd' time.
HE knows what HE is doing.
Congratulations!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Mari, the Lord has had me in the SAME passage...I blogged about it not too long ago. Loved reading your thoughts on it :)

Blessings to you and your new little one on the way!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin