Wednesday, July 9, 2008
9 on the 9th - FAVORITE LOVE SONGS
I could not resist the invitation from Angela at All That Naz to participate in her 9 on the 9th. It was fun - Enjoy!
Okay, reviewing for this post reminds me how truly enamored I was with the whole idea of love, love songs and anything romantic. I was the poster child for “hopeless romantic”. It is agonizing to remember the drama, oh, the drama! One of our local radio stations had “music for lovers” every night and I would record them and play them over and over. I am so glad I found the Love of my life and that He is more passionate about me than I could ever be about Him.
1. Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden – “I'll be your hope, I'll be your love, Be everything that you need.” My, my!
2. I Cross My Heart by George Straight – Now this was my surprise at our wedding. Todd sang this to me and it was beautiful. “You will always be the miracle That makes my life complete And as long as there’s still breath in me Ill make yours just as sweet” Ugh, I wish we had a VCR, so I could watch our wedding video.
3. You Were Meant for Me by Jewel – Jewel, Jewel, Jewel! What can I say I had a little problem with idolization…I was all about Jewel. She is an awesome songwriter and she seemed to sing what I felt inside, so much of the time.
4. Against All Odds by Phil Collins – Okay, the lyrics to this one sound just like a page out of my poetry journal. Pitiful!
5. Hold Me Now by the Thompson Twins – “Both of us searching for some perfect world we know we'll never find” Interesting, huh?
6. Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper – This one could always bring me to tears.
7. Whenever You Come Around by Vince Gill - I always wanted someone to love me like that.
8. I’ll Be by Edwin McCain – Great song. VERY dramatic!
9. Love Song by Third Day – The first song that helped me truly understand the love of Christ. I did have all those things that all these other songs talk about, I just did not know it. This one is worth posting all the lyrics:
Well I've heard it said, that a man would climb a mountain
Just to be with the one he loves
How many times has he broken that promise
It has never been done.
Well, I never climbed the highest mountain
But I walked the hill of calvary
And just to be with you,
I would do anything
There's no price I would not pay, no.
And just to be with you, I would give everything
And I would give my life away, yeah.
And I've heard it said that a man would swim the oceans
Just to be with the one he loves.
But all of those dreams, are an empty emotion.
It can never be done.
Well, I never swam the deepest ocean
But I walked upon the raging sea.
And I know that you don't understandthe fullness of My love
How I died upon the cross for your sin.
And I know that you don't realize how much that I give you
And I promise, well I would do it all again.
Join in the fun, post your 9 on the 9th, leave a comment and I will visit your blog.