Tuesday, February 10, 2009

EXCEEDINGLY ABUNDANTLY

A couple of weeks ago our home church had a baby shower for me. I must mention our home church is two hours (one way) from our house, so we only get there about once a month.

It was a Sunday in September when my husband and I knew this was our “home” church, but due to the pregnancy and other things we have only been there a couple of times since it is so far away. We attend a similar fellowship closer to us, but the desire of our hearts is to “be there” whatever that means in this season of our lives.

In early January they began planning my baby shower. It was blessing to be having a shower for Judah, my fourth baby. This is a fruitful church that celebrates every child as a gift and blessing from the Lord. They asked about colors and a theme, I had no idea, so I told them to surprise me. Well, they did more than that…they blew me away. Read this post about preparations for the shower(s).

At church one Sunday my sister-in-law asked if I had seen the invitation to my shower and I had not, so I went to pick one up and nearly cried. The theme was “The Lion and the Lamb” and everyone was asked to bring a Cuban or Spanish dish. My only guess is that one of the ladies read my post about our Cuban Christmas Eve dinner. These ladies got together ahead of time and made favors for my shower (and a few others – they are expecting eight babies by August).

The day of my shower I arrived to “Lion and Lamb” decorations, cake and favors. The women made the most incredible Cuban and Spanish dishes, many telling me they googled “Cuban recipes” because they had no idea what to make. Judah received many lion and lamb sleepers, outfits and blankets. The thoughtfulness that went into this could only be summed up as “exceedingly abundantly”. These ladies “showered” me and Judah with the love of the Lord in every way and detail imaginable.

I am assuming there were about 30 ladies there, many of whom I have never even met, including most of the expectant mommies. They were there to show their love and support for our family and our new arrival. God’s thoughtfulness and interest in every detail of my life continues to leave me awestruck and wanting to know, worship and love Him more.

Obviously, distance has not hindered our fellowship at this church. Never did I think my "home" church would be two hours from my house, but this is where the Lord has called us and in our obedience He has blessed us abundantly.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

5 comments:

Mari said...

What a wonderful thing to do for all the new babies. And considering how many they do I think it's touching that they individualize them. I can feel the love!

AtlantaMama said...

wow. the thoughtfulness!

i'd love to hear the 2nd 1/2 of the audio cd's (that i missed) because i want tto live, share & teach the message that children are a gift froim the Lord -- each one. they are a blessing.

what an awesome shower!! sounds like a great church! (maybe we can visit sometime)

AtlantaMama said...

I thought you would like this...

http://wyattclan.blogspot.com/2009/02/i-like-this-valentines-day-craft-and.html

Mozi Esme said...

What a sweet event! Glad you are finding family...

Joy Junktion said...

How special - would love to see the pictures!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin