Sunday, June 1, 2008

PERFECTIONISM?

"Perfection robs us again!" - Sandy, 4 Reluctant Entertainers

I read this line on a blog last week and I can’t get it out of my head. How many times has perfection robbed me of something? That is almost too much for me to think about right now. Perfectionism is not a godly characteristic and one that I thought had been dealt with for good in my early 20s, but it has reared its ugly head again.

I do not believe in attaining perfection, so why do I strive for it? Do I know that is what I am striving for or is it so ingrained in my thinking that it happens at a subconscious level (scary)? These are some thoughts that I am having, what are yours? More on perfectionism as me and the Lord work this one out! And we are going to work it “out” – it has got to GO!

To say "perfection has robbed me" changes everything, so I am going to post that where I can see it frequently to remind myself of the cost of perfectionism. The cost is not only to me, but to those closest to me (ouch)!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin