Friday, January 16, 2009

I WANT TO SEE HIM


This is a picture of Kaira kissing Judah. She began asking to see him and lifted up my shirts and pulled down my pants and "looked into" my belly button. "I want to see him", she insisted. When I explained that we would see him soon she rubbed my belly and planted a kiss. My husband caught this sweet moment on camera.

There have been many moments like this with my kids. This baby is the most anticipated event we have ever had. My kids read to him, hug him, lay on him, "play" with him, pray for him, make up songs about him, kiss him (a lot) and have already included him as part of the family. One book I read to Isabella said that a new baby coming into the family makes the love grow in the family, so she has explained to Judah that he will make the love grow in our family. I thought that was such an awesome way to explain the arrival of a new baby, avoiding that spirit of jealousy on the front end. Why would children be jealous when they know that this baby will just "make the love grow" in the family? I praise God for the love my children have for each other.

We excitedly await Judah's arrival. Tonight I began sorting clothes getting them ready to wash. My baby shower is Wednesday (more about that later in the week) and I am looking forward to celebrating his arrival with friends who have prayed without ceasing for our family and for this baby.


5 comments:

Mari said...

That is the sweetest picture! And, I like the idea of growing the love too.

Unknown said...

I love the sweetness of this post. How blessed you are to be a vessel carrying more love into your family, our church, our world.

Joy Junktion said...

Mari,
I am so excited for you and continuing to pray for you AND your entire family.
Blessings,
Cindy

Brooke Hammel said...

I hope I get to meet sweet Judah! :o) Yay for sweet little babes!

AtlantaMama said...

this picture is just amazing! I love it!! SO SWEET!!
I'm excited about your sweet new baby boy and can't wait to meet him! It is so awesome to read about how your kids are excited and how you have prepared them. I want to do the same... one day. you are such a wonderful example to me. I MISS YOU!! Wanna meet for lunch sometime?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin