Monday, May 19, 2008

GOOD-BYE TO A SISTER AND FRIEND

Co-pastor LaTonja was one of those people that you meet and instantly feel connected to. I was asked to help with an "Elect Lady" event at her church and she stressed that she wanted the ladies of her church to feel special - to understand Whose they were. It was a wonderful night! Co-pastor looked stunning in a black dress with her hair cascading across her back and shoulders, to look at her you would not know she was sick. All I knew of her condition was that she had renal failure shortly after her baby girl was born.

She was a MIGHTY woman of GOD! She shared from her heart with those ladies that night and everyone within earshot of her voice was blessed and those beyond I'm sure. It was a night I'll never forget! It was the night that the Lord spoke through Co-pastor and confirmed what I knew in my heart - I was going to teach women. That is what she did, she encouraged people in the Lord. If she saw a glimpse of something in you, she would encourage and bless you. When she spoke it was as if you were hearing straight from the Father's heart.

We corresponded a little via email and I saw her a couple of times before her passing. She was excited to hear about the conference I would be attending and was eager to talk to me when I got back. That conversation never took place. I thought of her the whole week I was gone, making mental notes of what I wanted to share with her.

She was one of those people you want to be around, you felt better somehow just being in her presence. There were many more conversations I would have loved to have had with her and much more time I would have liked to spend, but I am sure that is how her husband, two children and congregation feel multiplied a thousand times.

Co-pastor LaTonja was an "Elect Lady" and a virtuous woman that I am glad to say I had the pleasure of knowing, if only for a short time. I am a better woman for having known her.

During her celebration service it was evident the number lives she impacted for the Kingdom of God - her legacy will live on exponentially.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin