Thursday, July 28, 2011

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD...

I shall not want.

We know the verse and know it well, many of us have it memorized, but do we KNOW it? I had a first hand experience in Psalm 23 a couple of weeks ago.

My four kids and I were leaving church. The older two were walking next to me and I was holding the 2 year old and the 4 year old was clinging to my leg because there was a stray dog pestering us. I knew the dog had knocked down a couple of kids earlier in the week and my little ones were obviously afraid. I kept telling the dog to go, but he kept coming back. A man from the church came over to where we were and got the dog away from us. I was amazed,it was as if the Lord was giving me a picture of what He wants to do for me - in every area of my life. He is my Shepherd and will keep the enemy away as I trust in Him. I didn't even have to ask the man to get the dog away from us. He took charge and took care of the situation. It was a first for me. Having always had to look out for myself, it was a beautiful example of how the Father wants to take care of me.

Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.


1 comment:

Mari said...

That's a beautiful first person experience of that Psalm.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin