Thursday, March 13, 2008

THE ROLLERCOASTER RIDE

The past three weeks have been like living a nightmare. I have had flu-like symptoms (whatever that is), a stomach virus (which also made its way through the whole family) and a sinus infection that does not want to quit - and those are just the physical things. Needless to say I have not been physically strong, which left me weak spiritually and I have not been able to fight all that has come against us. Yesterday, driving out of the parking lot of the chiropractor's office I heard this song and all of a sudden the rollercoaster stopped, God extended His hand and I got off. It was He Will Carry Me by Mark Schultz.

And even though I’m walkin’ through
The valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him
Whose love will comfort me
And when all hope is gone
And I’ve been wounded in the battle
He is all the strength that I will Ever need
And He will carry me

I know I’m broken

But You alone
Can mend this heart of mine
You’re always with me

And even though I feel so lonely

Like I’ve never been before
You never said it would be easy
But You said you’d see me through The storm

Oh, how I needed this reminder and it is all I have been saying, singing, screaming, crying since I heard it. The battle is not mine, it is HIS and He's already won it!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin