Wednesday, January 4, 2017

No Longer Slaves - Verse 1



It has been several months since I felt compelled to do a study with my daughter on No Longer Slaves by Jonathan David and Melissa Helser. My favorite thing about the song is it is a testimony and declaration of what the Lord has done and will do. When I sing the song I can feel my spirit soar, my faith increase and my fear dissipate. I wanted to share that with her and as I wrote felt led to share it here.


You unravel me with a melody
You surround me with a song
Of deliverance from my enemies
Till all my fears are gone

This is not just great lyrical ability, this is TRUTH.


You can find reference to this in Psalm 32:7 - You are my hiding place; you shall preserve me from trouble; you shall surround me about with songs of deliverance.


And in Psalm 34:4 - I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from ALL my fears.


In Psalm 18:17 - He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.

Let this sink in, let it wash over you, until ALL YOUR FEARS ARE GONE!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Mari,
Love how you write!
What a great post!
I feel the same way when I hear or sing that song!
Love the new revelation God is pouring out in this time!
I love that you are teaching your children these things!
😊
Donna

Christine Carmichael said...

Wow. That was good. I will never listen this song the same way again. Thank you for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin